The Board of Trustees is responsible for the Management and Control of the Fund in accordance with the provisions of Public Service Retirement Benefits Act Number 2 of 1999. Below the Board, there is the Management team that is headed by the Director General, who is responsible for the day to day administration of the Fund.
Board of Trustees
The composition of members of the Board is statutorily provided under the Act establishing the Fund. These members are:
- Permanent Secretary to the Civil Service who is the Chairman;
- The Attorney General;
- The Governor/Deputy Governor of the Bank of Tanzania;
- The Secretary General of TUGHE;
- The Treasury Registrar;
- Three other members appointed by the Minister of Finance, two being representatives of TUGHE, one of whom being a woman and one representative from the Civil Service.
The day to day running of the Fund is the responsibility of the Director General who reports to the Board of Trustees. The Director General is assisted by heads of directorates and units.
There are four directorates and two units as follows:
- Directorate of Operations;
- Directorate of Planning and Investments;
- Directorate of Information System;
- Directorate of Finance and Administration;
- Internal Audit Unit;
- Legal Services Unit